Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.Ephesians 6:10-11
When listening to this song, I am automatically placed on a battlefield, a warzone and I imagine seeing a bunch of Christians blazing this song through their headphones with Bibles in their hands running towards the enemy but the enemy does not stand a chance.
I see them bouncing off of the shield that comes from the faith that these warriors have in Jesus.
So you dear reader, be encouraged to study the word of God because we are literally in a battle between spiritual and physical forces.
The artist mentions the Great commission in His song, He is referring to this:
“And Jesus came and said to them, All authority in Heaven and on Earth has been given to me, Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of The Son and of The Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you, And Behold, I am with you always till the end of the age.” – Matthew 28:18-20
The reason the artist mentions this verse is because he knows very well that in order for us to fight the battle against the enemy, we need to:
- Grasp the fact that Jesus had all the authority on Earth and in Heaven.
- Make disciples, that includes yourself, no one can learn from someone who has not humbled themself and applied what scripture has said and kept it in his heart and lived by it all his days.
- Baptism is a symbol that you belong to Jesus Christ, it is a symbol of being born again and that you are now a follower of the Messiah.
- Teaching others the word of God is important, also this relates to not twisting what God has said to fit our lives but let our lives be changed by His words.
- Remember , Jesus is with you no matter how tough the battle is going to be.
A big thank you to the artist for reminding us that we are not here to play, we are here to be image-bearers, representatives, Jesus Christ warriors who are here to win souls.