God is watching does not only have a great melody and beat, but the words the artist shares is so real…
It is so relevant to what is happening in this fallen and broken world around us.
Paddy starts the song with a statement: God is watching! Making sure that the listener understands that they are not alone and then in the first verse, Paddy immediately addresses what we as humans experience such as grief, death, division and depression. But he reminds the listener that God will never let them go and that He is in control.
The statement in this song is not there just to make it a vibey song but it is the truth and scripture tells us so. Here are a few verses that I have picked to reveal to you:
- Genesis 28:15 – “I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”
- Proverbs 15:3 – The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
- Psalm 121:8 – The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
- Psalm 22:28 – “for dominion belongs to the Lord and he rules over the nations.”
- Matthew 28:18 – “Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. “
If you ever feel alone know that God knows you so intimately, he knows the pain you have experienced, he knows about every struggle, every tear… and it is not in vain. God loves you and cherishes you and He is just “a phone call away”… He is a prayer away.
We tend to forget Him when reality hits, but in all realness, He is ever-present. He is with you in every trial…
God is watching and waiting for you to come home.
Thank you Paddy Simba for your amazing music, I am truly looking forward to more of your music. This is literally on my playlist now. May you glorify God in all you do.